2.08.2012

the pursuit of happiness

I really do understand what that phrase actually means now.
I would go as far as to say that I am generally a happy person. I have a great family, great support system, love and a wonderful job. All those things are a basis for a pretty happy and content life. However, sometimes I realize how we can have so much and yet the "happiness" or serenity we seek can so easily avoid us. Happiness really is a pursuit, it's a task and it's not an easy goal to accomplish.

The thing with happiness is that it's always changing, the way we define it is changing and the situations which makes us happy are always changing. After moving to Chicago I have truly realized that the pursuit of happiness lies in what I feel makes me happy in a certain place. When I moved to Michigan I hated it, until I moved to Ann Arbor for college and made the most amazing friends and met people who will forever be a part of my life. I am not saying that I can't find happiness here or that I won't find happiness but I just have to find a new way to define it.

Right now what gives me happiness is my job and the support I am getting from my parents. Along with my new apartment and the thought of blogging about the progress of how I will decorate it is giving me happiness. Yet I find myself missing my family, my uncle, my cousins and things that I will once again miss out on because I am so far away from home and where I wish I were. I can't complain about where I am at because I love this city and I like change and the transformation that life inevitably takes. I just realize that when I am feeling upset I have to remind myself that it is okay to feel that way, that I am not being ungrateful for what I have. I am simply being human.

Hence why I will introduce to my blog my "pursuit of happiness OTD (of the day)." I want to remind myself that no matter how good or bad things are on a daily basis that there is always one thing I can find and look back on that made me happy. I rather live my life thinking the glass if half full, it seems healthier that way.

my Pursuit of Happyness OTD: I went back to old youtube videos and searched online for some things and came across some monologues from (Yoni Ki Baat) and my IASA dance videos, a big part of my college life and one that I will never forget. I miss college.

Here are the links, enjoy! http://wn.com/zana_and_anjali
 IASA Gypsy 2010: IASA Show 2010 - Gypsy

Also leave a comment so I can get to know my readers and let me know what you would like me to blog about

xoxo
chitown chic, zana

No comments:

Post a Comment