1.31.2012

continuum

I have a problem with calling things a new beginning. The truth is, life is just a continuum. We may finish one thing, one hurdle and move on to the next but it does not mean we don't carry the residue of experiences, emotions and people that we left behind in that other "chapter".

I am now in Chicago, it almost seems surreal. I graduated in December and I was sure that it would take me months to find a job, and especially a job I would enjoy. I was fully prepared to settle for something locally and enjoy the time at home until I would become anxious and start trying to venture out However, with a little bit of my hard work and a lot of good fortune I ended up at Coyote. This job and this company is more than I could have imagined for myself and its more than I could express in just one blog post. I know that most of my posts will probably talk about my day at work and all the great things I hope to achieve over the course of time there but for now lets just say I am where I need to be.

I wanted to make a blog mostly for my own recorded thoughts, so that I could look back and see what this new continuum has to bring. This is no doubt a great leap from the daily woes of homework, college and occasionally partying. I intend to have fun and enjoy this city and take full advantage but I intend to work even harder for this company because trust me they deserve a great worker. The type of respect and emotions the CEO, his wife, and the employees have for each other is impeccable.

This really shows me how important it is to keep an open mind. When we are in college we are trying to find our way around what we want to do and who we are but sometimes even in the course of a month or two things may change. It's important to keep an open mind and really know what it is you are looking for. I told myself that after graduating I would take a break from school and wanted to venture out into different industries, ones I had never gave a simple glance to. The one common thread all these different industries had was that they all needed to have a good philosophy and great work ethics. I landed on Coyote by chance but its exactly what I could hope for. I know I will have bad and good days with the company and what I am feeling now won't always be constant but I doubt the way the company works will change anytime soon, if ever.

Keep an open mind to things you want to do but keep an even more open mind to things you may never thought you could do. It's imperative for our own mental, physical and emotional growth to experience things we may have never thought we would be capable of.

This city, from the start, is starting to get me over my big and small fears and really tackling my weaknesses and helping me grow. I don't mean that in vague terms but I will talk about this more later. For now all I can say is that in the continuum of your own life and your own endeavors keep an open mind for what is it to come and don't take opportunities for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment